Re: Picking up where I left off

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Jay Belanger <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Picking up where I left off
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 09:53:13 +0100

Short answer: I do not think so. But you have a "File->Recent" menu that
contains the recently opened buffers, so recreating a given situation is just
few clicks away. I should say I never open more than a file at a time to work
and I never felt the need for such functionality. Actually from the user
perspective one would guess that forgetting things when closing is a *good*
thing.

But: one could possibly program it, by running some scheme at the end of a
session which saves the names of the currently opened buffers and the
position inside and then restore the state at startup.

Max