Re: Chromebook c202

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Isaac Price-Dickerson <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Chromebook c202
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:37:32 +0000

Dear Isaac,

 TeXmacs is not officially supported on Chrome OS, but I found here:

some instructions on how to setup Chrome OS to run Linux applications. Since TeXmacs run also on Linux, you can try those instructions and find the required .deb packages here:

which one you need, I'm not sure, you will have to try out. I'm not a user of Linux myself so I do not understand the differences of the various packages.

Note that all this has some chance to work only if your computer has an Intel/AMD processor, if you have an ARM processor you cannot use those files and you will have to recompile TeXmacs (within the Linux environment of the Chromebook) yourself (as suggested by the message below).

I'm sorry I cannot provide much more help than this, since I cannot test myself the procedure.

Best regards,
Massimiliano Gubinelli