Re: Citing texmacs

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Citing texmacs
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 17:14:36 +0200

Dear all,

In addition to the replies that were already given on this list,
just a few additional thoughts:

- For _citations_ to be taken in account by tools like "Google Scholar",
it is important that they appear in the official bibliography.

- It is nice to informally acknowledge that you wrote a paper using TeXmacs,
but it is even better for us (e.g. when we submit proposals to get more
support)
if your citation counts via tools like "Google Scholar".

- When citing from inside the document title tag (Title -> Insert title ->
Insert title, Focus -> Cite TeXmacs -> ...), you will have a footnote with
the text "This document has been written using GNU TeXmacs [...]".
To use another text, it suffices to insert a generic note instead
(Focus -> Note) and manually cite TeXmacs inside your note
(Insert -> Link -> Citation -> ..., Focus -> Cite TeXmacs -> ...).

- We try to maintain a reasonably complete list of publications about
TeXmacs.
You should be able to find these in the "Cite TeXmacs" submenus.
This may be useful if you wish to highlight a particular aspect
(like an interface to a computer algebra system).
For generic citations, please cite our website or "The Jolly Writer".

Thanks for any help, --Joris

On Sun, May 08, 2022 at 04:07:17PM +0200, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it is appropriate to use the citation alternatives already pointed
> out in this thread (via the focus bar at the document level). In particular
> "cite texmacs website" produces a footnote "Made with TeXmacs" with a
> bibliographic reference which reads
>
> "J. v. d. Hoeven et al. GNU TeXmacs. http://www.texmacs.org, 1998."
>
> This is what I usually adopt, see e.g.
> https://arxiv.org/pdf/2112.05562.pdf <https://arxiv.org/pdf/2112.05562.pdf>
> https://arxiv.org/pdf/2107.12115.pdf <https://arxiv.org/pdf/2107.12115.pdf>
>
> It seems to me ok that, if you want to cite TeXmacs in the acknowledgement
> section of a paper, you just put there something like
>
> "This paper has been written with the GNU TeXmacs system~[XXX]" with the
> same bibliographic reference or just with an inline equivalent mention."
>
> Best
> Max
>

> > On 6. May 2022, at 22:17, Maxime Devos <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Antonio R schreef op vr 06-05-2022 om 15:12 [-0500]:
> >> Thank you for your email! Indeed, I'm actually looking for how to
> >> include it on an acknowledgements section. What are the guidelines
> >> for that?
> >
> > I don't know.
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Maxime.

  • Re: Citing texmacs, TeXmacs, 07/10/2022