Texmacs not showing up in Ubuntu Apps list

  • From: Antonio R <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Texmacs not showing up in Ubuntu Apps list
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 19:44:14 -0600

Hello!

I installed TeXmacs on Ubuntu 22.04 jammy using the .deb package found here: https://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/linux-packages.en.html#ubuntu. Since there isn't a TeXmacs version for Ubuntu 22.04, I used the most recent one. However, while it works fine from the command line, Ubuntu doesn't seem to have registered it as installed. (It doesn't appear in the list of apps in Settings, for example.) Do you know how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Antonio