TeXmacs: Performance on Wayland

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: TeXmacs: Performance on Wayland
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:24:10 +0200

Dear all,

I am now migrating from X to Wayland. I am on an HiDPI display, and use 1.5
scaling in sway.

I run TeXmacs with the command 'texmacs -platform wayland'.

As a Qt program, the menus are rendered well as usual, but the icons are a
bit fuzzy (still tolerable), and the buffer for the document is rendered bad,
which is extremely fuzzy, as if it ran under XWayland — I tried to disable
XWayland in sway, and it is still fuzzy.

The global scaling in sway allows me to set the scaling for all GUI
applications once instead of per application, thus desirable. It does not
perform well on XWayland applications, but more and more applications support
Wayland natively now.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Relevant forum post: http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/texmacs-under-wayland/1532

Best,
Frank

  • TeXmacs: Performance on Wayland, Frank, 09/30/2023