pseudo-code and an unrelated question regarding the installation of TeXmacs in a school

  • From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: pseudo-code and an unrelated question regarding the installation of TeXmacs in a school
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:18:00 +0100

Dear TeXmacs users,

I was glad to see in the menu an option to insert a program in pseudo-code,
as in algorithm2e from latex I supposed. But after I inserted such an
environment, I got lost : nothing in the menu to insert such or such
construct, and I may have not looked properly, but I couldn’t find anything
in the documentation either to help me.

Google led me to a modified environment that allowed for line numbering to
work properly (not my main problem right now, but useful probably in the long
run), and from there I could find some commands such as algo-if,
algo-require, algo-inputs, algo-outputs, algo-return, algo-print, algo-while,
algo-repeat, algo-for, algo-comment.

if-else : I couldn’t find how to obtain it. Massimiliano Gubinelli posted an
example using algo-if-else-if but I haven’t understood how to use it in
practice (when I try it, I obtain a regular if then construct, and no else)
Using algo-if followed by algo-else : else is not vertically aligned with the
if.

What should one do to get a "if then else" properly indented ?

Last thing : some of the keywords are translated, some are not. For example,

Indeed the dictionaries in
Resources/share/TeXmacs/langs/natural/dic/english-….scm (it is true for every
language I guess) do not offer entries for those keywords. The fix is there
quite easy. I could easily provide a fixed dictionary for English to French,
but I suppose it would be better to add the keywords in every language, which
I am quite unable to do !

Regards,

Pierre-Henri

P.S. : I recently asked for TeXmacs to be installed on our computers in our
school. I am not sure where the local files will be stored as every user has
a home repertory which is stored in a server (accessible through T: disk, as
os is Windows 10). Is there any advice to give the technician to install
properly TeXmacs on our network ?

Hopefully, I’ll manage to convince some of my colleagues to give TeXmacs a
try. I still have no regret switching from LaTeX to TeXmacs, but sometimes
there is still a bit of frustration, such as with this pseudo-code
environment...

  • pseudo-code and an unrelated question regarding the installation of TeXmacs in a school, Pierre-Henri Jondot, 01/22/2024