Re: TeXmacs 2.1.4

  • From: Normand Beaudoin <address@hidden>
  • To: "Matthias A. Steiner" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs 2.1.4
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:44:13 -0400

Hello everyone and Tilda or Mathias A. Steiner
Since updating MacOS, I had the same problem with older versions of TeXmacs and even with version 2.1.4. TeXmacs always crashed on startup. I use a MacBook Pro with 2 other 27" external displays. If I try to start TeXmacs from external displays or by double-clicking a TeXmacs document on an external display, TeXmacs does not start and gives an error message. HOWEVER if I start Texmacs from the MacBook Pro's built-in screen or double-click a TeXmacs document from the built-in screen, everything works fine. Once TeXmacs is running and I have my documents open, I can use them on all screens. So I think the problem is not only with TeXmacs but also, a little, with how MacOS handles external displays.
Hope this could help. Greetings. Normand Beaudoin.