Informations about TeXmacs

Text archives Help

TeXmacs 2.1

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: TeXmacs 2.1
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 22:41:53 +0200

Dear all,

We are happy to announce the release of TeXmacs 2.1.
You may find the full official announcement below.

Please forward the announcement to your friends and colleages,
to appropriate mailing lists, and/or social media.

Best wishes, --Joris

Dear colleague,

We are happy to announce the release of GNU TeXmacs 2.1,
a free scientific office suite that you may download from

https://www.texmacs.org

The core of the system is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get
structured text editor with support for mathematical formulas.
For a short overview, you may watch the following teaser (3:40):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H46ON2FB30U

TeXmacs is unique in its ability to produce documents with
the highest typographical quality using a user friendly interface.
The software also comes with an integrated presentation tool,
a picture editor, version control, a bibliography tool,
interfaces to various mathematical computation systems,
and much more... GNU TeXmacs is not based on TeX/LaTeX,
but comes with high quality converters from and to LaTeX,
as well as Html/MathML/MathJax.

In order to get started with TeXmacs, we recommend that
you watch one or more of our introductory videos:

https://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/home/videos.en.html

The software provides integrated documentation and
a manual that can be downloaded from

https://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/help/book.en.html

A new book about TeXmacs is available here:

https://www.scypress.com/book_info.html

For further questions, don't hesitate to ask on one of
our mailing lists or on the TeXmacs forum.

With our best regards,

The TeXmacs team

  • TeXmacs 2.1, TeXmacs, 06/22/2021