New tables

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: New tables
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:06:35 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear friends & collegues,

I just released TeXmacs-0.3.4.8.
Tables and the like have been completely reimplemented and
many features have been added: cells, rows, columns, etc.
can be formatted using several properties, including
background color, border width, padding, size, alignement,
span and decorations. In the next release, I also plan
to reimplement the 'split' construct, so that structures
like eqnarray* will become tables.

Now that I am working on tables, I am very interested in
comments by users about missing options, bugs, suggestions,
(unlikely) conversion problems from the old to the new format, etc.
Volunteers for writing documentation about the new tables in
the TeXmacs help and/or tutorial would also be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

-Joris-

Joris van der Hoeven (address@hidden)
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage

  • New tables, Joris van der Hoeven, 09/17/2001