Re: TeXmacs makes it into mandrake

  • From: Stephane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • To: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden, Lenny Cartier <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs makes it into mandrake
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:47:12 +0100

On Fri, 04 Jan 2002, David Allouche wrote:

> Le Vendredi 04 Janvier 2002 00:17, vous avez écrit :
> > TeXmacs 0.3.5.11 is now part of the Cooker distribution. I hope it will be
> > included in MDK 8.2.
>
> Good news.
>
> Does anyone pressed Mandrake to distribute TeXmacs, or is it just they
> eventually realized they users were missing something?
>
> Maybe most distributors just ignore messages pressing them to distribute
> software no one in the team ever heard of. So the simplest and most
> efficient
> to be more distributed would be simply to be better known...

If I understand well, contrib is the hierarchy of contributed software
not supported nu Mandrake. But the packager belongs to Mandrake. I
cc'ed him so he could say more. Lenny, what is lacking from TexMacs
to get it to the Mandrake supported software Mandrake list?

Name : TeXmacs Relocations: /usr
Version : 0.3.5.11 Vendor: MandrakeSoft
Release : 1mdk Build Date: Tue 18 Dec 2001
11:51:50 AM CET
Install date: Tue 01 Jan 2002 07:03:34 PM CET Build Host:
klama.mandrake.org
Group : Editors Source RPM:
TeXmacs-0.3.5.11-1mdk.src.rpm
Size : 9500463 License: GPL
Packager : Lenny Cartier <address@hidden>
Description :
GNU TeXmacs is a free what-you-see-is-what-you-get mathematical text
editor, which was both inspired by TeX and GNU Emacs. The program
implements high quality typesetting using TeX fonts, but it also
provides a user friendly interface.

The high typesetting quality still goes through for automatically
generated formulas, and it is possible to use TeXmacs as an interface
to computer algebra systems. GNU TeXmacs also supports the Guile/Scheme
extension language, which makes it possible to adapt the user interface
to specific needs and even to extend the editor.

WARNING! TeXmacs' very first start will be quite long, due to the need
to generate the needed fonts.

--
Stéphane Payrard -- s.payrard@@wanadoo.fr

# mailstat
Most people don't type their own logfiles; but, what do I care?