Re: pictures

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: pictures
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:34:00 +0100

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 17:19, David Eduardo Gomez Noguera wrote:
> Hello.
> tis my first post here.
> 1. I was just wondering, for inserting images, will texmacs always relly on
> x2y programs?

Yes, if the image document is not in PostScript.

> When inserting images, the colormap gets somewhow decresed or
> something.

What is the bit depth of your display? Can you be more precise?

> Also, i also tried to save the image as ps with gimp and then
> inserting it, but how do i control its size on the texmacs file?

You should check the "Encapsulated postscript" option in GIMP's "Save as
PostScript dialog". Encapsulation provides bounding box information. You
could also use GIMP's "Scale Image" dialog to play with the image resolution,
so you can get the image at the desired size.

In the TeXmacs file, you can edit the <postscript> element to specify a
scaling in the second parameter, after the file name or the <tuple> for
included images.

For example, to specify half size:

<postscript|<tuple|<raw_data>|ps>|*.5|||||>

You should be careful since even the last released version has a bug which
makes TeXmacs crash if you forget the "*". This was fixed but the new version
with the patch has not yet been released. You can find the patch in the
mailing list archive.

> 2. when i print a file with an "inserted" image, it doest converts to
> postscript well, i get errors printed out. gv=3.5.8
> ps=2.0.7
>
> but if i print the file with "linked" images, its works all right.

Can you put the image with which you have you problem on a web space? If you
do not have web space you could sent it to me so I could find whether it is a
reproducible bug or something?

  • pictures, David Eduardo Gomez Noguera, 01/16/2002
    • Re: pictures, David Allouche, 01/17/2002