Re: Any known problems with binary release on Debian Woody

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Any known problems with binary release on Debian Woody
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:37:55 +0100

Hi, Jan

El Mié 27 Mar 2002 15:07, escribió:
Hi,

I am new to texmacs.

I've downloaded the binary version 1.0 from the
texmacs-homepage and installed it on a debian woody box.
The program, which looks very nice, often crashes, so that
i cannot really use it.

Are there any known problems with debian woody in
combination with the binary release.

Shall I better compile the source?

I am a debian woody user.

I have used the .deb texmacs package in versions 0.3.5.8
through 0.3.5.11, and I have not had other problems than
those reported at

http://alqua.com/tmresources/bug%20reports

The program was largely usable.

I am now using TeXmacs 1.0 binary release (unpacked to
/usr/local/, then added some exports to .bashrc) under
debian, again with no outstanding problems.

I advise you to use the binary release and then to report
any bugs you may find in the aforementioned pages, the bug
reports will be very welcome!

regards,

--
álvaro.tejero.cantero