Re: Importing raw text

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Importing raw text
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:48:08 +0100

On Thursday 28 March 2002 19:04, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I am confused with the behavior of the import-filter. It is the import
> of raw-text, in german "wörtlich" (strange)
>
> The imported text is shown with the typesetter-font and I cannot
> manage to change it. I marked the text and pressed the
> roman-font-button. No reaction.

You are right. When importing raw text (without a known filename extension),
TeXmacs seems to use a special, unstructured, mode.

The reason is that TeXmacs makes really no distinction between importing and
opening. If you open a raw text file, you want to be able to save it back to
raw text, thus the unability to add any structure.

The workaround is to create a new document, select Edit->import->verbatim
(BEFORE copying!), copy the text from the imported file, and paste it the new
TeXmacs document.

There is matter for creating a wish or bug entry about that. Actually the
problem is related to the way TeXmacs open documents: the conversion is
determined solely by the file name extension, and the cause may problems (for
example when viewing web pages whose name do not ends in '.html').
--

-- David --

  • Importing raw text, Jan Ulrich Hasecke, 03/28/2002
    • Re: Importing raw text, David Allouche, 03/29/2002