Re: TeXmacs very slow with

  • From: Stéphane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs very slow with
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:19:39 +0200

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:45:03AM +0200, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just started to write a longer text. But now I discover that TeXmacs
> gets slower and slower.
>
> The document is not big, only 5354 byte, one or two pages of text.
>
> The only special things are
>
> - that it is attached to a master, but the master is not open.
> - that I switched hyphenation and page breaking to professional

I guess that you answered to your own question. When you are writing a
document
you are better using /Document/Page/Mode/Papyrus and non professional
typesetting.

When you are about to publish you document, you may choose
professional setting to make final adjustemnets.

That does not mean that does mean we don't intend to improve performance in
100%
wysiwyg mode.

You feeback is welcome especially because the TeXmacs team is interested
to make TeXmacs friendly both to beginners and old-timer.

I am a both a recent TeXmacs user and a recent TeXmacs developper so I
very sensitive to this problems.

--
Stéphane