Re: swithching from lyx

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: swithching from lyx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:00:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Marco,

> I, actually ,we are trying to migrate from Lyx to Texmacs and we still
> have some problem to solve for which we havent found any answer in the
> documentation.
> I'm sorry if i probably going to ask you very basic questions but, as i
> said, i could not find any answer.
> It has manly to do with headers and footer and preamble...
>
> It is basically this latex preamble that is creating some import
> problem...
> i.e.
> 1- i can't find a way to write in the head.

Yes, it is true that this is not yet available from the menus or keyboard;
I will put this on the urgent wish list. You should assign the variable
"this page header" to the desired header (or "odd page header" and
"odd page header" for permanent ones) and similarly for footers.
Assignments are created using E-=. I recommend you to put them
into a style file.

> 2- i can't figure a way to make horizontal head and foot rules and
> setting their length and widht (width would be enough in this case).

You may use the "underline" and "overline" macros
(type "\ u n d e r l i n e return") and the tab key.
In the argument of an assignement you have to be a bit careful,
because the tab key has another meaning; you may use
insert->space->horizontal->tab instead.

> 3- i can't figure the equivalent latex command to get an automatic
> update of the file revision.
> Here is the part of the latex preamble that i can't "translate" in
> TeXmacs:
>
> \lhead{AGNULA - IST-2001-34879}
> \chead{}
> \lfoot{Deliverable 2.2.1}
> \cfoot{$Revision: 1.14 $}
> \rfoot{\thepage}
> \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{1.5pt}
> \renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{1.5pt}

There is no equivalent for this, because headers and footers
are not thought of as consisting of three parts and a rule.
We consider them rather as entities and leave the formatting
to the author, as explained above.

> I'm also finding problems in setting reference inside the document.

E-! and E-?

  • swithching from lyx, marco, 07/09/2002
    • Re: swithching from lyx, Joris van der Hoeven, 07/13/2002