Re: TeXmacs crashes in presentation-mode with KDE 3.0

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs crashes in presentation-mode with KDE 3.0
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:10:55 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Amit Dubey wrote:

> I'm also using KDE 3.0, but TeXmacs doesn't crash
> right away. However, when I scroll from the bottom to
> the top of the presentation, the crash is so bad that
> I have to reboot.
>
> > when I click on presentation-mode in KDE 3.0 TeXmacs 1.0.0.16
> > crashes. With top I can see that it is actually running.
> >
> > In an other wm (ion) it works.

Yes, this is a known bug, which is due to the fact that X
does not provide a standard way to deal with window decoration
issues (like not having a window border in this case).

We are working on the problem and hope to fix it in the next
stable version 1.0.1. However, since I am not expert on this issue,
I rely on the contributions from volunteers, so I cannot promise anything.

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage