Re: article in different size

  • From: Stéphane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: article in different size
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:24:07 -0400

On (27/09/02 10:14), Didier Bretin wrote:
> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:14:36 +0200
> From: Didier Bretin <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: article in different size
>
> Hello,
>
> I use the article size and I would like to have a font of 10pt. In latex
> I do
> this:
>
> \documentclass{article}[10pt]
>
> I'm sure I shall configure TeXmacs for having this, but where ?!?!?
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS: I still reading the documentation ...

Here is some personal note, I wrote that can help you:

=Shrinking and magnifying

Magnification and shrinking are two different things, not the opposite
one of the other. Magnification belongs to the Document menu while
shrinking belongs to the View menu for a reason. This is because
magnification is a property of the document while shrinking is just
a property of a view of the document.

Magnification resize the whole document within the same page size.
That means that the aspect of the document change because line
don't break anymore at the same time.

On the other hand shrinking affects the view of the document, not
the document per se. It should be probably called zoom instead.

Modulo shrinking, TeXmacs renders on the screen exactly as it renders
in paper. Videos displays still have a lower resolution (that is lower
number of pixels rendered per millimiter) than can be rendered on
paper, so to the same character bitmap rendered in a screen would be
bigger. So TeXmacs shrinks character bitmaps using a simple(?) dithering
algorithm. The default shrinking value is 5.