Re: Scheme Characters not taken into account

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Scheme Characters not taken into account
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:49:43 +0100 (MET)

> From my first experience, I don't manage to use the characters data of
> Scheme (guile) under TeXmacs. For exemple the usual "#\a" followed by
> enter gives "#<a>" which after an other "enter" for evaluation gives an
> error message. The simpler command" \a enter " gives also the same problem
> Do you know if there is a specific way to get scheme characters ?

This is due to the fact that \ has a special meaning in TeXmacs:
it is used to enter special markup. You should enter the \ character
using "S-F5 \". There has been a discussion on whether we should make
the \ keystroke default to the \ character inside sessions.
I haven't made a decision yet. Maybe we should let it default
to the \ character in textual input inside computer algebra sessions.