Re: keys in presentation mode

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: keys in presentation mode
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:56:36 +0100

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:57:23PM +0100, Felix Breuer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am having trouble with switching between switches in presentation mode
> as M-A-right etc. do not work. More generally, TeXmacs does not respond
> to any keypress when in presentation mode. I have tried using the
> metacity, twm, fluxbox and ion window managers. Does anybody have an
> idea what might be the problem on my system?

I do not believe that works anywhere at all.

In x_window.cc one can find:

void
x_window_rep::full_screen_sub (bool flag) {
XSetWindowAttributes setattr;
setattr.override_redirect= flag;
XChangeWindowAttributes (dpy, win, CWOverrideRedirect, &setattr);
unmap (); map ();
if (flag) {
XSetInputFocus (dpy, win, RevertToParent, CurrentTime);
// unsufficient for setting focus
// temporary hack: full_screen_mode member function of editor_rep
}
}

That is probably where the problem is occuring.

Actually, that the kbd events fall to the window just below the
TeXmacs window. It seems that happens at the moment full_screen is
disabled (probably when the window is unmapped).

You can call it broken.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org