Re: Gnuplot session

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: Stephan Mucha <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Gnuplot session
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:27:09 +0100

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 09:39:25AM +0100, Stephan Mucha wrote:
> Well, I should have checked it before.
>
> The error still occurs for
> set xlabel 'x:[cm]' ~ plot exp(-x**2)
>
> So use
> set xlabel "x:[cm]" ~ plot exp(-x**2)
>
> instead, which worked for me.
>
> Obviously it is related to shell quoting, but I checked it not
> further. Hope this helps.

I tested here, and the form
set xlabel 'x:[cm]' ~ plot exp(-x**2)

works okay. I think I noticed that in some case (which I could not
reproduce...) I actually had to evaluate the expression twice to have
it to work.

But most of the time, things seem to work correctly the first time.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org