Re: How to run TeXmacs in debug

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to run TeXmacs in debug
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:22:53 +0200

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 08:58:57PM -0700, Salman Khilji wrote:

> I did not know how to properly ./configure the source, so I ./configured it
> and then manually added -g option to CFLAGS....and CXXFLAGS...and removed
> optimization settings from the Makefile manually before I compiled.
>
> Can a developer of TeXmacs give me some pointers? I know there must be a
> way
> to get gdb/ddd recognize the internals of texmacs otherwise it would be
> impossible for me to understand it.

Short rude answer: RTFM.

Long nice answer:

Look in the COMPILE document at the root of the source tree.

There are few "configure" option:

--enable-debug: build and install a debug-enabled binary

--disable-fastalloc: disable customized allocator, useful for memory
debugging (e.g. valgrind).

--help: learn about the existence of the other options.

--
-- ddaa