Re: Speed Problems

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Speed Problems
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:33:47 +0200 (CEST)

> since a few month my document is very slow. When you want to type something
> it's like a slow motion. Is it normal? Is it caused by the size?

Yes, it is caused by the size, the fact that you use footnotes,
two column style, and the fact that you put yourself in paper mode.

> I attached the document to this mail. Could someone of you try if it is also
> slow on other systems?

On my system (2.4GHz) it remains acceptable though.

> I compiled texmacs on my system. Must I compile it optimized?

That is the default now, but I do suggest you to use papyrus mode
when typing and paper mode when printing

Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper/Papyrus

  • Speed Problems, Marten Bauer, 07/22/2003
    • Re: Speed Problems, Joris van der Hoeven, 07/22/2003