Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with references

  • From: Daniele Pighin <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with references
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:10:18 +0200

Alle 17:21, lunedì 6 ottobre 2003, David Allouche ha scritto:

> In the menu? I am not sure I understand what you mean.
> The table of contents maybe?

Of course, I was talking about the TOC :)

> Page references are initialized to "?" when the label is created, and
> the page number is only computed when the document is displayed in
> "page" paper type. In "papyrus" or "automatic" paper type the page
> breaking algorithms are not used (this substantially improves the
> editor's responsiveness) so the page numbers are not known.

Well, it's quite strange.
I'm in papyrus mode, still page numbers in the TOC are usually displayed
correctly (that is, as numbers). Sometimes, though, it happens that all page
numbers from one point to the end of the TOC are displayed as "?".
I dont' know whether it can depend on something invoking those page breaking
algorithms, still it is strange that some numbers are correctly displayed,
but not all of them.

Thanks :)

Daniele