math not present in menu

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: math not present in menu
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:13:45 +0100 (CET)

hi there,
I was trying to get acquainted with this very appealing software, starting
with the manual, but it reads that there should be an 'insert->mathematics'
in the menu.
I don't have it, and as a result did not manage to create an equation or an
eqnarray for instance... Then I loaded a tex file of mine, with lots of them,
and it read ok. Then I tried to select an equation to try a copy-paste, but
copy is disabled (greyed out), and by forcing it, I seg faulted....

I guess I am missing something in the installation: I used texmacs rpm from
the homepage, and not the rpmfind version, because the latter seem to provoke
a little mess with respect to RH9 standard (guile is not correct)....

Anyway, I run a RH9 box:
[cohen@pcglast11 ADDUPS]$ rpm -qa | grep -i texmacs
TeXmacs-fonts-1.0-1
TeXmacs-1.0.2.7-1

thanks for your help,
Johann

  • math not present in menu, johann . cohen, 11/12/2003