dynamic text (external program output)

  • From: Vaclav Smilauer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: dynamic text (external program output)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:05:17 +0100

Hello everybody,

I would like to insert something like "<py-eval|x=4> [some text,
formatting etc] <py-eval|x**2>" into texmacs document and have texmacs
call (for example) python for every py-eval and put the output (created by the python-side, of course) into the document (e.g. x=4 ... ^2=4^2=16
...), with the possiblity of later changing the input again.

How is this possible? Is there a precedent, something similar, already?
How would I call e.g. some python function for _all_ expressions in
py-eval's in the entire document one after another, how can I do it for
one expression at the time?

It seems to me that math sessions are similar, except that here input
would be hidden (replaced by output), and scattered through other text
and formatting. Or am I just talking about the planned "universal
spreadsheet"?

Thanks for suggestions and comments.

Vaclav