Re: [TeXmacs] LiveTeXmacs-1.0.3.3 CDROM released

  • From: "Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas" <address@hidden>
  • To: chu-ching huang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] LiveTeXmacs-1.0.3.3 CDROM released
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:07:25 +0000

Chu-Ching and Others,

SciLix is a LiveCD for Universitary Teaching based on Morphix (a modular
derived of Knoppix). Its intended for CAS and Algoritmic Programing and
shares a lot of programs with the LiveCD that Chu-Ching its doing
(except Macaulay and the documents). Also it uses the XFCE light weigth
integrated desktop enrironment instead of KDE for faster performance on
Ram and Hard Disk and less space utilization.

You can get more info about it in:

http://www.javeriana.edu.co/ciencias/u_sistemas/proyectos/scilix_en.html

(A new updated and corrected english version will be available soon)

This is also and oportunity to celebrate the joining efforts of the
Freeduc and the SciLix Projects. Freeduc is a Educative LiveCD sponsored
by the Unesco and Hilaire Fernandez, developer leader of
Ofset(Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching) , has
offered to me the Freeduc Leadership and maintenance of the Freeduc
Project (and I have acepted likely), so its also the oportunity to say
thanks for the recognition of the, not always visible, latin american
contribution in the free software development. As a result of that join,
SciLix counts with a new and bigger ftp server. You can download the
last ISO image and mainmodules at:

ftp://developer.ofset.org/pub/scilix/

I hope you enjoy,

Offray.

Pdt: Chu-Ching, wich is the license for the included documentation of
Calculus and Demos in LiveTeXmacs? Have you considered the
CreativeCommons Atribution Share-Alike license for that documents?
(www.creativecommons.org). May be in this way I can Include a spanish
version of that documents in the SciLix CD and we can join even more
efforts. Would be nice some documentation about the inclusion of
Macaulay.