roman numbering of LOT, LOF pages

  • From: Norbert Schöpke <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: roman numbering of LOT, LOF pages
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 02:41:05 +0100

hi all

I use book style to write my diploma thesis and i have some auto-generated content before the text really starts.
Specifically, I have a list of tables and a list of figures, then a prologue.
These items are all correctly numbered in my TOC, but yesterday, someone told me the numbering starts with the first chapter and all pages beforehand are numbered roman style, i.e. i, ii, iii, iv, v instead of 1..5.
I figured out my self how to restart page numbering on the first chapter page, but how can I get TeXmacs to use roman numbering for the first 5 pages or so?
tnx
Norbert