Re: RE: [TeXmacs] Conference posters

  • From: <address@hidden>
  • To: "Riccardo Ferrari" <address@hidden>, Texmacs-Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: RE: [TeXmacs] Conference posters
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:32:26 +0000 (GMT)
  • Envelope-from: <address@hidden>

Hi all,

sorry about the strange post, I'm in an annoying struggle with an unusable
webmail-client...

>> is there anyone out there who uses TeXmacs for conference posters
>> and could
>> share his/her experiences?
>>
>> I want to make a poster in A0 format. Its background should be
>> coloured while
>> the text should be in three rectangles with white background. Within the
>> rectangles, the text should be arranged in three columns.
>>

>Maybe it is a stupid advice, but I think you should better use another
>program to actually lay-out your poster.

TeXmacs calls itself a "scientific text editor" and in science, it is a
regular task to present posters at conferences, so IMHO it should be prepared
for that. Actually i've almost solved the layout issues with tables; the
problems I described were minor ones which seem to be mostly bugs like the
crashes with shrinking factors and the impossibility to get the background
colour printed...

>You may write in TeXmacs each three columns block, export it as eps,
>then import in a desktop publishing program where you can fine-tune
>your poster.
>
>So you get the best from the two worlds.
>
>Let me know if this proves to work.

Well, I've already thought of that, but it seems to me not to be less
complicated, while it might be at least possible...

Nevertheless if TeXmacs fails most probably I will use LaTeX as I know it
works...

But thanks for your advise,

Benno