Editing documentation (was: Another Bug in TeXmacs)

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Editing documentation (was: Another Bug in TeXmacs)
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 16:31:32 +0200

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 02:20:01PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> So now I decided to make a little contribution to the TeXmacs project
> by updating the documentation itself a little bit. I continued by
> adding to the Help window any changes that I thought would make the
> instructions more clear.
>
> After spending a nice chunk of 10 minutes, I decided to save it.
> TeXmacs complains that the document is Read Only.

TeXmacs has a peculiar idea of what is a read-only document:
that is a document that you _can_ modify but that you cannot save under
any name regardless of write permissions. That's _what_ the code means.
In addition, this "feature" is tightly couple with the help system so as
to make it essentially unusable for anything else.

At the moment, the Right Way to edit documentation is to explicitely
open the document source files (not through the help system),
preferrably from a recent CVS checkout and work as usual.

--
-- ddaa

  • Editing documentation (was: Another Bug in TeXmacs), David Allouche, 05/02/2004