Re: [TeXmacs] Interaction with CAS

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs-users ML <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Interaction with CAS
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:07:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:
> I've developed in Scheme a CAS package somewhat nice for personal use.
> I'd like to try to make it interact with TeXMacs, what should I read in
> order to know what my CAS needs to do so that TeXMacs accepts it as a
> TeXMacs compliant CAS?

That depends on what you do. The integration of Scheme packages into
TeXmacs should be easy, because TeXmacs also uses Scheme as its extension
language. I imagine that, at a first stage, you would like to output and
input formulas in a nice way. The first thing you may therefore wish to
do is to write a routine which transforms data objects from your system
into TeXmacs trees. We may next try to adapt the Scheme sessions so as
to make it possible to display the results (for instance, by displaying
tree results as trees; I will have to think a bit about this, because
we have only used pipe-connections so far). In any case, I recommend to
read the documentation on the TeXmacs data format and on plug-ins.
By the way, do you use a CLOS-like system?