epsfig Bugs

  • From: Fingolfin Bar Kochba <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: epsfig Bugs
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:28:35 -0400 (EDT)

You may already know, but when LaTeX exports by TeXmacs are made
containing images (at least jpegs), latex will choke as the epsfig
commands are usually an absolute URI. I'm not a great programmer but I
suspect it may have something to do with the workings of the selection
dialog:

\epsfig{file=file:///home/uldor/Ma_Shit/Ma_Documents/Taxonomy/american_beech.jpg}

Some print out like this, which IIRC is correct...not sure why:

\epsfig{file=horehound.jpg}

For my Eastern Box Turtle and Mountain Chorus Frog entries, I have
\epsfig{file=}. This no doubt is related to the tuple format I see
below.

This is the whole of my document...I'm expecting it got a good grade for
AP Biology anyway, thx... :) I know you are working hard and I am
overall very pleased even after xforms of the competing LyX became free
software

http://thelinuxlink.net/~fingolfin/taxonomy-document.tgz

In reconstructing the home directories, it may be of note that I have
/home/uldor/Ma_Shit symlinked to /home/easterlings/Ma_Shit/...this is
for sharing users' data across distros. This has caused problems before

- Shimon

--
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God.
They shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces,

-- Hosea 13:16

  • epsfig Bugs, Fingolfin Bar Kochba, 10/21/2004