Re: Bug report/ batch processing

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Bug report/ batch processing
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:07:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Joseph Coffey wrote:
> I am about to submit a paper to the arxiv. I have spoken to them
> before about supporting TeXmacs and will do so again.

Thank you. Especially for ArXiV, this should not be very difficult.
Did you manage to submit Pdf files written using TeXmacs?
Some people reported me some problems with that on ArXiV,
but it might work now.

> Is there some
> way to have texmacs process batches of files into postscript, pdf
> quickly? preferably from the command line. If so I will tell them
> about it.

Yes, you may use something like

texmacs -c input.tm output.ps

One current drawback is that TeXmacs is really started together with X.
One day, I will have to reorganize the boot procedure so that X does
not to have to be started.

> Actually there is currently one bug in TeXmacs which might prove to be
> a problem in batch processing enviroment. In some (not all ) of my
> articles it will randomly replace section references by a my last
> citation. eg a reference to section 4.5 is rendered as Spa81. This
> behaviour is unstable in the sense that if you click on the section
> reference it will sometimes switch back to its proper rendering.
> However the post script file generated will make its own random choice
> of identity. either 4.5 or Spa81. This means that one must review the
> generated post script to be certain that the references are correct.

Hmm, strange, can you send us a (short) example with this behaviour?

  • Re: Bug report/ batch processing, Joris van der Hoeven, 10/22/2004