Re: [TeXmacs] Switches

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Bas Spitters <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Switches
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:40:20 +0100

Bas Spitters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for documentation on switches, is there any?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bas

There is a simple switch example in the file attached to this email. You
can move across the pages of the switch (which contains 7 pages, with
A, B, ... G) by first *putting the cursor inside it* (that is something one
often forgets in the beginning :-) , and then :

Meta-alt-left & meta-alt-right to go to the previous/next page ;
Meta-alt-up & meta-alt-down to go to the first/last page ;

There are also commands to add a page after/before the current page
in the switch, and to remove the current page. These commands are
available in the menu Insert/Switch.

Don't forget that once you finished your presentation file which uses a switch,
you can turn TeXmacs into presentation mode using View/Presentation mode.

It is also nice to know that you can use the whole TeXmacs window for the pages
of your document using Document/Page/Type/Automatic (this way you dont plague
your presentation with the gray border on the right of the TeXmacs window).

> Is there a possibility to go forward/backward by a word at the time?
> In emacs this is meta-f, meta-b, in other programs ctrl-right
> ctrl-left. However, these do not seem to work.

There is probably a feature for this, but I'm not sure ; it would be better
to ask Joris to be sure.
<TeXmacs|1.0.4.5>

<\body>
<\switch>