Re: [TeXmacs] gnuplot session in texmacs

  • From: "chu-ching huang" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] gnuplot session in texmacs
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:24:16 +0800

> I have two questions regarding gnuplot session in texmacs.
>
> 1) When I open the gnuplot session, I do not know terminal it was
> set to. I tried "set terminal" command. It lists only the available
> terminals but not the current terminal name. How can I find this out?
> (In the usual gnuplot interface, "set terminal" shows the current terminal.
>
> 2) Assuming that the default terminal is x11, I tried "plot x, x**2"
>
> But the lines drawn were not in color. In the usual gnuplot, the
> lines are colored red and green. How can I get this behaviour?
>
> 3) What is the easiest way to store the variable settings.
>
> For example, In gnuplot if I do
>
> set grid
> plot x
> plot x**2
>
> then the "set grid" is remembered for the second plot command also.
> In texmacs, I have to do
>
> set grid; plot x
>
> set grid; plot x**2

There are two ways to solve the ploblem (3):

1) use "~", like as:

[GNUplot] set grid ~plot x ~plot x*x

but I think this might not suit your need :-)

2) use "[shift]+[Enter]":

[GNUplot] set grid # then press "[shift]+[Enter]"
plot x # press "[shift]+[Enter]" again
plot x*x # press [Enter]
[GNUplot]

  • gnuplot session in texmacs, Kamaraju Kusumanchi, 03/15/2005
    • Re: [TeXmacs] gnuplot session in texmacs, chu-ching huang, 03/15/2005