Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs/Maxima once again

  • From: Dan Martens <address@hidden>
  • To: Marshall Feldman <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs Users List <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs/Maxima once again
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:33:48 -0400

Under the current version you must put a semi colon. Future versions may eliminate this, however more work must be done on the filter.

Dan Martens

Marshall Feldman wrote:

Hi,

I’m running WinTeXmacs. Everything with Maxima seems to be fine: it runs by itself and works, I can start it from within TeXmacs, and I can enter equations in it. Sometimes they even run. However, I’m running into a problem in that if I do not put a semicolon at the end of my maxima statement, it doesn’t seem to run (ever). Tutorials (e.g., http://arxiv.org/html/cs.SC/0504039) don’t show semicolons at the end of the statement. So what’s wrong?

Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Associate Professor and Associate Chair
Department of Community Planning and Landscape Architecture
The University of Rhode Island
310 Lippitt Hall
Kingston, RI 02881-0815
Tel. 401.874.5953