session inside texmacs

  • From: Bernd Hahnebach <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: session inside texmacs
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:18:47 +0200

Hi there,

I'm new to Texmacs. I've been playing around for a few hours.

I've been using LaTeX and SAC for years. I'm structural
engineer and I'm looking for something to do calculations
and formated output at once.
- It has to be free software
- It must run at windows. I only have windows at work :-(.

It seem texmacs does exactly what I want.

Output looks great, thanks for doing a great job.

Following I have a few questions. I could not
find something in the tutorial

1.
session

I choose maxima (I really don't know the reason).
May be someone could give me tip which one suite
most maxima, pari, yasac.

I need basic mathematical functions (really just the
basics which are on a usual pocket calculator.)
Govern point is output and interface between
texmacs and the sac.

2.
German translation.

http://www.texmacs.org/tmdoc/main/interface/man-session-basic.de.html

Shouldn't it be "Einfügen -> Sitzung" instead of "Text ->
Sitzung" in the first line?

3.
Close Session

There is a blue frame around my maxima session. I would like
to write text after the session outside the frame. It is not
possible. Either to click using the mouse nor Session ->
close does not work. I'm not able to write something under
(behind) the blue frame.

4.
recalculation

Assuming I have 10 formulas and one value in the first input
should changed. How is it possible to recalculate the whole
session at once without pressing ten times return.

5.
What does the stuff of Henri Lesour do? "interfaces with
proof systems" Is it what I'm looking for as an structural
engineer?

Thanks for any Help

Bernd Hahnebach

  • session inside texmacs, Bernd Hahnebach, 06/06/2005