Re: [TeXmacs] How can I get a degree sign (o)?

  • From: Philipp Hartmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How can I get a degree sign (o)?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:56:14 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 11:06 +0200, Marten Bauer wrote:

> Much work for this small sign. My question is if there is a easier way
> to get the degreesign directly in math-mode. I need it alot in my paper
> and the way above is to long.

Inside math mode, there are two possible solutions I would propose.
Either, you could use ^@ (<rsup|<circ>>), which looks quite OK, i think.

On the other hand, you could define a small macro, to get the
<degreesign> itself, maybe already coupled with the capital C, since
IIRC usually units inside of formulas are not set in italics.

This could look like:

<assign|dc|<macro|<with|mode|text|<degreesign>C>>>

Now, you can insert °C in math mode (and in text mode as well) by typing
"\dc[enter]". I hope, this is comfortable enough... ;)

Regards,
Philipp