Problems with the new font handling

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Problems with the new font handling
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:29:47 +0200

Hello...

I have updated from 1.0.5.7 to 1.0.5.11 and experience problems with the
new font policy established in 1.0.5.10.

More concretely, either with or without the "windows-fonts package" and
in any of the four possible font modes I am no longer able to use
sans-serif or typewriter variants inside math (\mathsf and \mathtt). The
characters in these variants appear as normal serif upright characters.
The product is typed now as an asterisk and backslash as opening quotes
between angles.

On loading a file where both font variants are used, with the preference
option "metafont bitmaps only" (this is the most close to the previous
behaviour, right?) TeXmacs issues the following messages.

alv@goldfinger:~/I2P-1_0$ texmacs interferometer.tm
TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
Reading my-init-texmacs.scm
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 eorm11
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for eorm11.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600
xccmi11
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for xccmi11.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 eufm11
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for eufm11.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
load kbd-math-tinyperso.scm

What can I do to have the old range of variants available (besides
switching back to 1.0.5.7) ?

Best regards,

'Alvaro.