Re: [TeXmacs] installation problem of win texmacs

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Ansari Mohamed <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] installation problem of win texmacs
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:29:05 +0100

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 10:16:27AM +0000, Jack Zhang wrote:
> And uninstall application does not do the complete cleaning work.

I recently ran into a similar problem on a school where they
wanted to install TeXmacs + Maxima. It seems that the uninstall
application should at least prompt for deleting the .TeXmacs directory.
An even better solution might be to rename it to .TeXmacs-1,
.TeXmacs-2, etc. and ask for recovery when re-installing TeXmacs.
Also, in case when the user did not modify any of the files
in .TeXmacs, one should simply delete the directory.

In addition, it would be good if TeXmacs would check for
plug-ins in a more dynamic way (not only at installation time).
I think that it should be easy to look at least at the standard
installation places.

Some ideas for Dan, when he has time...

--Joris