graphics mode questions

  • From: Felix Breuer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: graphics mode questions
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 22:41:37 +0200

Hello everyone,

I have two questions regarding the graphics mode.

1) Scrolling

I always scroll through my documents pressing the up and down keys. This
is impossible when I have a graphics object in my document as TeXmacs
enters the graphics mode as soon as the cursor reaches the object and
then the drawing is scrolled instead of the page. Is there some way to
reconfigure this, so I can keep using my keys?

2) Embedding Postscript Image in Drawing

I want to embed a Postscript image in a graphics-mode drawing and draw
"on top" of the image. Is this possible? Can it be implemented easily?

The use case I am thinking of is this: I currently do all my drawing
Inkscape (the graphics mode is not for me ATM). However I would like to
use TeXmacs to do the labeling for me. So I want to include my drawing
(which I have as a PS file) in my document and use the graphics mode to
draw text at the right places on top of the image. (This would also have
the nice advantage that all the labels are of the correct font size.)

Thanks for any ideas,
Felix