Re: [TeXmacs] replacing text with the use of a macro?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] replacing text with the use of a macro?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:39:18 +0200

David G. Wonnacott wrote:

Is there an easy way in TeXmacs to replace some text with a macro? For
example, if I have lots of references to "C++" and I want to make
these all be what I would get if I typed \coding-language, is there a
way to do that within TeXmacs? I think I could accomplish this by
editing the .tm file with emacs, but I'd rather not do it this way...

To my knowledge, the current Search & replace mechanism needs to
be extended to allow this. The only available way currently from
inside TeXmacs is to write a chunk of Scheme code to traverse the
document tree and replace the parts you want. Therefore I guess
the easier remains the emacs Search & replace...