Re: [TeXmacs] Export a selection to EPS (Feature request)

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arantegui Jimenez <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Export a selection to EPS (Feature request)
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:14:21 +0200

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 01:20:32PM +0200, Javier Arantegui Jimenez wrote:
> Most of my coleagues are MS Word users :-( [I wish that, at least, they
> used OpenDocument (OpenOffice.org/AbiWord/Kword...)]
>
> I wanted to include a figure I had in TeXmacs in a MS Word document. The
> figure had several equations inserted in a Fig graphic. The only solution
> I could think to insert the figure in Word was:
>
> 1. Copy the figure in a new TeXmacs document
> 2. Remove the number of page
> 3. Export the document to Postscript
> 4. Us ps2epsi to convert the postscript to EPS
> 5. Insert the EPS in the MS Woerd document.
>
> It's not difficult but it's quite tedious if you have to repeat it several
> times.
>
> I wonder if it could be very defficult to add a new feature:
>
> Tools -> Selections -> Export -> EPS
>
> This feature should ease the exporting of tables, text, graphics,
> equations, etc. to EPS format.

Sure, this would indeed be nice (and other graphic formulas as well).
Please fill out a wish on our wish list for this.
I also need this feature myself, but can't give a date for
when it will be implemented (even though it should be quite easy)...

Best wishes, Joris

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Export a selection to EPS (Feature request), Joris van der Hoeven, 08/21/2006