Re: [TeXmacs] small pictures in text with style "article"

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] small pictures in text with style "article"
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:11:41 +0200

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:06:52AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> We encounter problems with the presentation of small pictures
> (Einf?gen-Bild-kleine-Abbildung) in text written in the style "article".
> The pictures are not enclosed by the text, but rather the line just below
> the picture is interrupted to include the legend of the picture ("Figure
> xyz etc."), with the actual picture above it interrupting the text. This
> looks rather odd for small pictures which do not merit a break of the text
> as a whole, particularly in view of the otherwise perfect lay-out achieved
> with Texmacs.
>
> Is this a bug, or are we doing something wrong? Is there a way around this
> problem?

Small pictures should not be confused with typsetting
the main flow around a picture. Small pictures are useful
if you want to put two or three small pictures beside each other.
However, TeXmacs does not yet implement flow around pictures.

Best wishes, Joris

  • Re: [TeXmacs] small pictures in text with style "article", Joris van der Hoeven, 08/21/2006