Re: [TeXmacs] Forcing refresh of rendering of a document fragment

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Forcing refresh of rendering of a document fragment
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:38:44 +0100

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 07:39:40AM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> > Yes, extern seems a reasonable thing to use, (...). Notice however
> > that this is not necessarily what you want in all circumstances:
> > don't forget the case that someone without Coq wants to open a Coq
> > document in the same state that you left it, without wanting to
> > (re)do any computations.
>
> Yes, yes. That's why I leave the content of the output nodes in the
> document: someone without Coq can follow the operations without
> redoing them.

But in that case a similar argument holds for the colour of the prompt,
even though this information seems a bit more versatile.
As a general rule, I recommend to let the rendering of a document
depend as least as possible (not at all ?) on extern computational software
(it might depend on external renderers of course).

Best wishes, Joris