Bibliography does not appear (CygTexMacs)

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Bibliography does not appear (CygTexMacs)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:50:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a bibliography into a TexMacs document from a .bib file.
I am using CygTexMacs 1.0.6.5 under Windows XP, which I launch by
double-clicking starttexmacs.bat that was created by the installer. The
problem is that any attempt to cite references resolves to [?] and no entries
appear in the bibliography, even when I include a <nocite|*> macro.

I started with a blank document in TeXMacs and saved it to C:\temp.tm. I
saved the .bib file as C:\illrefs.bib, and verified that it has no syntax
errors by compiling it in TeXnicCenter with no errors or warnings and making
sure the PDF generated contained the correct bibliography. In TexMacs, in the
temp.tm document, I typed:

\nocite <press enter> * <press enter>

which gave no errors. I also tried inserting some citations to the bibtex
file by typing

\cite <press enter> keywordforreference <press enter>

which appeared as [?]. Then, I went Text --> Automatic --> Bibliography,
typed "plain" when prompted for the style and "illrefs" for the filename. I
new section appeared named "Bibliography", but contained no entries (it was
blank except the title). Document --> Update --> Bibliography did not change
anything. When I exported to LaTeX it looks like:
----------------------
\documentclass{letter}

\begin{document}

{\nocite{*}}

\begin{thebibliography}{}

\end{thebibliography}

\end{document

A search of the archives suggested I should look at the console output, but I
have no idea how to view this. Any help on how to properly insert the
bibliography so I can view it is appreciated.

Thanks
Max

  • Bibliography does not appear (CygTexMacs), maximilian_butler, 12/18/2006