Re: [TeXmacs] Regular expressions

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Regular expressions
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:22:05 +0100

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:57:14AM +0100, Bas Spitters wrote:
> I just found out that texmacs allows regular expressions. The example in
> the
> documentation shows how to use them for trees. Is it possible to use them
> for
> text too? How?

Sure (even though the message should rather be posted to texmacs-dev).
It suffices to convert the string to a list.

That said, the pattern matcher is not designed to be very efficient.
Its performance is OK for simple pattern matching on trees,
but should be further optimized for more general usage.

Best wishes, Joris