Re: [TeXmacs] versioning

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] versioning
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:27:24 -0500 (EST)

I'm not familiar with any version tracking in TeXmacs, and the web page
lists "collaborative authoring" as "planned for later", so perhaps this
is something we'll see in the future.

I used to use a LaTeX package that (after some manual tweaking) would
produce LaTeX "change bars" based on the difference information from
CVS. The one down side I've seen to the switchover to nice GUI-based
tools on unix (rather than the old command-line tools) was the weakening
of the one-small-tool-for-each-job philosophy in favor of each tool
implementing each feature in its own idiosyncratic way. I'm hoping that
TeXmacs will buck this trend and either just interpret the output of
CVS nicely (Eclipse does a good job of this) or at least be compatible
with CVS.

Dave W

  • Re: [TeXmacs] versioning, David G. Wonnacott, 03/10/2007