Unable to spell check my documents

  • From: "Juan Pablo Romero Méndez" <address@hidden>
  • To: "TeXmacs Users List" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Unable to spell check my documents
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 01:04:22 -0500

Hello!

I'm having some problems running the spell-checker.

The first time I run aspell, there is some message about aspell not
responding; so I have to restart the spell-checker. Fortunately in
subsequent invocations it starts fine.

Aspell doesn't recognize accented words, like "Introducción". On this
word, it suggests several alternatives which look like utf words but
improperly displayed (with funny characters in place of accents).

I thought perhaps it has to do with my locale being "es_ES.UTF-8", and
texmacs not using utf-8 internally. Thus, I tried creating the file
~/.aspell.conf, and adding the line

encoding = iso-8859-1

but it only aggravates the problem, as aspell then claims it is unable
to find the spanish dictionary.

Summing up, I'm unable to spell-check a very important document :(

Any suggestions?

Juan Pablo

  • Unable to spell check my documents, Juan Pablo Romero Méndez, 05/08/2007