Re: [TeXmacs] Close document segfaults

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Close document segfaults
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:36:57 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Hi all!
I'm Sergio, a new TeXmacs 1.0.6.12 user. I have used emacs+LaTeX for many
years, but TeXmacs is really appealing!
I've found a problem when reading help files: as a newbie, I often open help
files while editing a document of mine and I'ld like to close some help
buffers after I've have found what I was looking for, but if I try, then
TeXmacs exists and I lose my document's changes.
To reproduce the problem, please run TeXmacs in a terminal window (xterm,
konsole, etc.).
If you open a new document and then do File->Close document (or C-x k),
TeXmacs exits gratefully.
But if you open a new document and type 'a' (or anything else), then open
another new document and do File->Close document, TeXmacs exits and you can
read:

[1]+ Segmentation fault texmacs

in the terminal window.

Wow ! I thought it was because of the configuration
of your machine, but 1.0.6.12 does exactly the same
on my own machine !

Please, is there any patch or workaround?

Not yet, but there will be one soon, I hope.