Re: [TeXmacs] Lists with prefixes on labels

  • From: Jeremy Henty <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Lists with prefixes on labels
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 02:53:30 +0100

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 04:08:30PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 01:45:58PM +0100, Jeremy Henty wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 12:40:12PM +0100, Jeremy Henty wrote:
> > > I would like to have lists that are distinguished by prefixes on
> > > their labels, ie.
> > >
> > > Here's a list of axioms:
> > > Ax-1 ...
> > > Ax-2 ...
>
> There are several answers possible to your first question.
> The different possibilities:
> 1) Define a new list environment with a parameter giving the prefix.

I did this but I had to set some DRD properties before I could edit
the contents of the list. Once I did that it works fine. It doesn't
seem necessary for the core list constructs and I can't see why it was
necessary for me. Am I missing something? (The package file is
attached.)

> > ... but <Enter> does not start a new item inside my new list. How
> > can I fix that?
>
> In the case of solution 1, you may manually overload the function
> kbd-return for the case when we are inside your environment:
>
> (tm-define (kbd-return)
> (:inside enumerate-prefixed)
> ... code to insert a new item ...)
>
> In the case of solution 2, ...
>
> (define-group enumerate-tag enumerate-mine),

I found that either of these worked with my package. I'll probably go
with the latter as it is simpler. Is there any reason you suggested
the latter only for solution 2? It seems to work perfectly well with
solution 1 as well!

Thanks for all your help, though I'm worried that TeXmacs hacking is
going to become as much of an addiction as TeX hacking once was! :-)

Regards,

Jeremy Henty
--
Well, enough of these vague generalities. On to the vague specifics.
-- Larry Wall

<\body>

<assign|enumerate-prefixed|<macro|prefix|body|<quasi|<list|<value|aligned-space-item>|<macro|x|<unquote|<arg|prefix>>-<arg|x>>|<arg|body>>>>>

<drd-props|enumerate-prefixed|accessible|1>

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|language|british>
</collection>